My Blog List


Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Camaro Cannibalizing Corvette Sales(autoguide.com)


Over the past year, Chevy has been proud of the success of the new Camaro, with sales exceeding targets. The Camaro sold 61,648 units in 2009, just shy of the Mustang with 66,623, despite the fact that the Camaro wasn’t even on sale for a whole year. But now it appears as though the Camaro’s success has come at the expense of another Chevy, the iconic Corvette...For more click on link:
.http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2010/03/report-camaro-cannibalizing-corvette-sales.html

umm.. 2010 customers are old dudes??? no, im 24 and have one and every generation likes the new camaro. not everyone who has a camaro is opting for a 'vette, not sure where you get your assumptions.

I generally do most of my research, my self but in this case I have an article from autoguid... and I etched it to my Blog which is attached above....

Now...I made this video for one reason alone, to show an alternative to this Australian Muscle Car Camaro ...first of all I personally like the looks of this car then again I like my Rumble Bee & if I had a Bat Mobil I would be proud to be seen in it but as a designer it doesn’t mater what I like I have to generalize in order to create a popular & lucrative product. This car is wrong in following ways:

  1. Muscle car not a sports “pony” car, Muscle cars were based on a coupe version of a full line midsize” for 60s” i.e. Pontiac GTO which was actually a lemans/ tempest with a tweaked truck motor and heavy duty suspension as result it helped the sale of their station wagon & sedan siblings, The 2010 Camaro’s siblings live Down Under...the IROC-Z was & is, one of the best handling cars in the world party due to its size & layout The new one is good for drag racing perhaps, but cornering on a curvy roads ? Good luck!
  2. Visibility, keeps women, short & claustrophobic people away
  3. Bat Mobile like styling, scares the B-Jesus out of ladies ...the older modes had the normal looking Berlinetta & formula witch were gobbled by younger “ more broke” and ladies ...Heck! I haven’t yet seen a woman in one of these things not even in the passenger seat, have you?
  4. There is plenty more but the fact that you have one is nice so you are part of the 15% of the demographic... But bottom line is, most of these cars are sold as V8s to older dudes, the type who generally bought Corvettes & yes Corvette sales are down

No comments:

Post a Comment